1. Don’t hit your spouse, significant other, children, stepchildren, foster children, or anyone under your care.
2. Don’t make excuses for people perpetrating abuse. It isn’t just a robust relationship, it isn’t tough love
It is a crime, it isn’t the victims fault. Report it as the crime that it is.
3. Persecute these crimes as you would any other. DV is no less of a crime than a “Cowards Punch.”
4. Take care of our vulnerable instead of taking advantage of them.
5. If you think you’re going to hurt someone then report yourself to a GP for a mental health check and get therapy immediately.
6. If you abuse someone take yourself to the police immediately.
7. If you become violent when you drink then don’t drink.